Purpose: The building was originally partitioned between the two floor east side that served as the carpentry/flask shop and the four floor west side where all the foundry patterns were stored.
After 1919, engineering labs occupied the now two story building. They included large fan, small fan, air conditioning, coil and Precipitron testing. A large number of fan model tests, which are scaled-down versions of full size installations, were performed both inside and at the back of the building.
Currently: Owned by Potomac Electric