Hyde Park Factory - Bldg C
The original fan building (1903 -1919), all fans were built here with a portion of the 2nd floor removed for needed extra height in constructing the largest mechanical draft fans. The moving of the foundry offsite in 1919 changed the product mix to a variety of small fans, coils and, after 1945, the Westinghouse Precipitron. By the mid-1970s, the building was mostly vacant with some fan welding still occuring.
The tapered brickwork extending out along the west wall are heater flues that were part of the original ventilating system.
The top two floors have been converted to condos and is known as The Lofts at Westinghouse.